Search found 5 matches
- Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:47 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Furthest Pillar Walk In
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6708
Re: Furthest Pillar Walk In
Depends what you mean by furthest, of course. I did put on a pevious post (Mon Feb 06, 2017) asking if the remotest in England & Wales is the Glendhu Hill pillar (TP3384) on the Northumberland/Cumbria border, close to Scotland. It's an 8km walk to get to. In a straight line the nearest public road ...
- Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:27 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: App
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6531
Re: App
I also tried to download it from Google Play Store, but it's vanished. The version already installed on another phone still seems to work fine though.
- Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:47 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Ant1974 - I call you out sir!
- Replies: 12
- Views: 18799
Re: Ant1974 - I call you out sir!
I think anyone who can bag 275 trigs in a day deserves our respect. What a man.
The "trigs in the last 4 days" map has a bizarre circle of dozens of destroyed trigs on it in the East Midlands. My first thought was that some bored trigger was purposely bagging trigs to write messages on the map.
But ...
The "trigs in the last 4 days" map has a bizarre circle of dozens of destroyed trigs on it in the East Midlands. My first thought was that some bored trigger was purposely bagging trigs to write messages on the map.
But ...
- Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:36 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Is Glendhu Hill TP3384 the remotest English mainland trig?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4281
Re: Is Glendhu Hill TP3384 the remotest English mainland tri
Oh, hadn't realised it's in Cumbria on the trig database..... looking at the map it can only be a few metres out of Northumberland.
I've had a quick measuring session with a ruler on the 1:25000 maps and as far as I can see Glendhu Hill is the remotest of the Kielder area trigs: it's 6.5km in a ...
I've had a quick measuring session with a ruler on the 1:25000 maps and as far as I can see Glendhu Hill is the remotest of the Kielder area trigs: it's 6.5km in a ...
- Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Is Glendhu Hill TP3384 the remotest English mainland trig?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4281
Is Glendhu Hill TP3384 the remotest English mainland trig?
Today we bagged Glendhu Hill pillar in Northumberland. It's an 8km walk to get to: in a straight line the nearest public road is nearly 7km away (but impractical to reach the trig from, and across the Scottish border).
I can't remember needing as long a walk to reach a trig before, so hence this ...
I can't remember needing as long a walk to reach a trig before, so hence this ...