tl;dr: a bug, blame AI, now fixed, thanks! :D
Polysyllabic version:
One significant difference between the old and new websites is the coordinate systems used. The old site stored locations as OSGB grid references and used simple Pythagorus to calculate straight line distances. Whereas the new ...
Search found 12 matches
- Mon Dec 01, 2025 10:45 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Searching for a TP
- Replies: 2
- Views: 714
- Sun Nov 30, 2025 11:50 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175994
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Good morning this was the error message for the image size.
Photo
File: IMG_1913.jpeg (3059.7 KB)
I print screened the image and it successfully uploaded. This lowers the image quality.
TP7577.
Again, a massive thank you for all your hard work. I hope 🤞 to get out later today and log them ...
- Sun Nov 30, 2025 11:47 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175994
Re: Server migration / website re-write
The new website is looking fab!
Quick question, on the old website when you clicked on a trigpoint page it used to say if you'd already logged the trig or not, is this on the new website as I can't seem to see it? Or is it something that may be done in the future?
And on the map is there a way of ...
- Sat Nov 29, 2025 11:48 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175994
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Much obliged for all your hard work. Navigating the new site and really like the search feature with the icons. Re a previous comment re editing if you click on the text below (or the date if no text entered previously) the TP and User it lets you edit historical ones although I get a photo upload ...
- Sat Nov 29, 2025 11:24 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175994
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Thanks for your hard work. Sadly I can't see the log trigpoint button at all, and I've been everywhere on the site now. I prefer to use a laptop when logging. I've tried searching using the grid reference for the trigpoint I want to log, but it won't come up at all
You should be able to type a ...
- Sat Nov 29, 2025 11:15 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175994
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Love the new website design, although somewhat miss the retro feel of the old site ahah
However, one small problem for me - I've lost all of my logs. Is this a time transfer kind of thing or should it all have been migrated already? Thanks
Everything should have been migrated across, other ...
- Sat Nov 29, 2025 10:28 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175994
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Hi Ian
Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on this - and all for the love of the game!!
Cheers. One tiny, teeny request, if it even possible? Will there be a page to view and edit all your logs? I started a numbering system around about #330, and I'd like to go back and add this to ...
- Sat Nov 29, 2025 10:21 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175994
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Loving the new site albeit I've only just realised it had been updated. I am having problems logging trigs though. I'm at home an Im trying to the trigs that I've visited recently but with no luck. The form states the location is optional but it defaults to my home location and I can't see a way ...
- Sat Nov 29, 2025 3:02 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175994
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Hmmm, it shouldn't be entering a location unless you select it. And if you do accidentally select current location, then refreshing the page should sort that out. I guess that's not happening though. Are you using a laptop or a mobile?
There's currently no option to clear the location field, nor to ...
There's currently no option to clear the location field, nor to ...
- Sat Nov 29, 2025 2:27 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175994
Re: Server migration / website re-write
OK, the new server is now running and the old one is in a well-deserved retirement!
The new website is being a little temperamental, but should be in a usable state for finding and logging trigpoints.
Next step is to trim down the database (we still have columns from the days of GeocacheUK in there ...
The new website is being a little temperamental, but should be in a usable state for finding and logging trigpoints.
Next step is to trim down the database (we still have columns from the days of GeocacheUK in there ...