Thanks; I'll add it to the wiki page.TP11083 - Eastington (rivet) has appeared as a Trig symbol on Memory-map 1:25k
Search found 30 matches
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:35 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Ghost trigs
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13729
Re: Ghost trigs
- Tue Sep 15, 2026 12:05 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Adding a new Trig
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1815
Re: Adding a new Trig
I see quite a few in Ireland that are not on the map
A large number of Irish trigs were added around the time when T:UK was upgraded.
Example: https://trigpointing.uk/trigs/26500 Greenane.
There might possibly be outstanding issues with mapping. Can you provide
a sample name or two of the trigs ...
A large number of Irish trigs were added around the time when T:UK was upgraded.
Example: https://trigpointing.uk/trigs/26500 Greenane.
There might possibly be outstanding issues with mapping. Can you provide
a sample name or two of the trigs ...
- Mon Sep 07, 2026 10:58 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Heritage Open Days
- Replies: 2
- Views: 17492
Re: Heritage Open Days
The Heritage Open Days event for 2026 will take place
on 11 to 26 September. Its an opportunity to visit sites not
normally open to the public (and its free!). Details
are available at http://www.heritageopendays.org.uk
Its worth searching the site index to see if any elusive trigs
in your area ...
on 11 to 26 September. Its an opportunity to visit sites not
normally open to the public (and its free!). Details
are available at http://www.heritageopendays.org.uk
Its worth searching the site index to see if any elusive trigs
in your area ...
- Thu Aug 20, 2026 10:39 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Arthur’s Seat
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1672
Re: Arthur’s Seat
If you scroll back through the logs for https://trigpointing.uk/trigs/893
then it appears that the pillar was originally built to the standard design but was
badly vandalized in 2003. It was repaired and reinforced (I think by the OS) resulting
in the new shape.
then it appears that the pillar was originally built to the standard design but was
badly vandalized in 2003. It was repaired and reinforced (I think by the OS) resulting
in the new shape.
- Sat Aug 08, 2026 11:05 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Ghost trigs
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13729
Re: Ghost trigs
> On Harris, at least two (and probably more) Hydrographic Survey Stations are marked on OS maps with triangles but are actually bolts
Thanks! I'll add those to the wiki page.
Ted
Thanks! I'll add those to the wiki page.
Ted
- Sat Jun 27, 2026 12:15 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Ghost trigs
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13729
Re: Ghost trigs
Thanks for the feedback; wiki page updates pending (trying to clear
a backlog of other updates first).
Further examples of ghost trigs welcome!
a backlog of other updates first).
Further examples of ghost trigs welcome!
- Sat Jun 27, 2026 12:13 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Uploading photos
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6494
Re: Uploading photos
For the most part, image upload works fine for me. I tend to resize
images beforehand to make the files smaller but no reason to think
that this makes a significant difference. Might be worth a try though.
I had a problem recently where I was unexpectedly logged out; not
sure why. So if you ...
images beforehand to make the files smaller but no reason to think
that this makes a significant difference. Might be worth a try though.
I had a problem recently where I was unexpectedly logged out; not
sure why. So if you ...
- Fri Jun 19, 2026 10:48 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Ghost trigs
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13729
Re: Ghost trigs
Thanks! I'll add those to the wiki table. If you could provide the map details
(Landranger, Explorer, Outdoor Leisure) map number and, ideally the map's publication
date/revision letter then that would be helpful.
(Landranger, Explorer, Outdoor Leisure) map number and, ideally the map's publication
date/revision letter then that would be helpful.
- Mon Jun 15, 2026 12:16 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Ghost trigs
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13729
Ghost trigs
I've added a wiki page for 'ghost' trigs: https://wiki.trigpointing.uk/Ghost_trigs
- these are instances of the familiar triangulation symbol on Ordnance Survey 'Explorer'
or 'Outdoor Leisure' series maps which are not trig pillars.
Additions/corrections would be welcome - the initial version of ...
- these are instances of the familiar triangulation symbol on Ordnance Survey 'Explorer'
or 'Outdoor Leisure' series maps which are not trig pillars.
Additions/corrections would be welcome - the initial version of ...
- Mon Jun 01, 2026 10:51 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: help with id of Vanessa trig point
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6406
Re: help with id of Vanessa trig point
Looks like Staffa (10482 / TP6142) - thats Dutchmans Cap island in the background.
Thanks!