Search found 5 matches
- Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:59 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trigonometrical point V Triangulation station
- Replies: 6
- Views: 21164
Re: Trigonometrical point V Triangulation station
Thank you for your help, that has been most useful. Not sure if it has satisfied my curiosity or encouraged me to delve even deeper 
- Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:53 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trigonometrical point V Triangulation station
- Replies: 6
- Views: 21164
Re: Trigonometrical point V Triangulation station
Thanks for the replies.
Interesting comment there agentmancuso regarding the pillars on the maps.
My question though is about the difference between trigonometrical point and the triangulation stations. I have been looking at old maps (mid 1800's) and see that these points mark a height and are ...
Interesting comment there agentmancuso regarding the pillars on the maps.
My question though is about the difference between trigonometrical point and the triangulation stations. I have been looking at old maps (mid 1800's) and see that these points mark a height and are ...
- Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:48 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trigonometrical point V Triangulation station
- Replies: 6
- Views: 21164
Trigonometrical point V Triangulation station
I hope that there is an expert out there who can answer this question.
I have been looking at an old 1 inch to the mile OS map dating back to 1948. The map features small triangles with a dot and next to each is a height in feet. These are not always at the highest point of a hill. There are called ...
I have been looking at an old 1 inch to the mile OS map dating back to 1948. The map features small triangles with a dot and next to each is a height in feet. These are not always at the highest point of a hill. There are called ...
- Mon May 18, 2015 2:29 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Date of construction
- Replies: 4
- Views: 11976
Re: Date of construction
Hi Peregrinus,
Thank you for the information, I have requested to join the group.
Regards,
Rocky
Thank you for the information, I have requested to join the group.
Regards,
Rocky
- Mon May 18, 2015 9:49 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Date of construction
- Replies: 4
- Views: 11976
Date of construction
Hi All,
Newbie here, just registered onto the site after finding it a while ago.
Here's a question which after a search around the site I could not find an answer too:
Is there such a thing as an official list of the date of construction of pillars or the placement of bolts etc?
Thanks,
Rocky
Newbie here, just registered onto the site after finding it a while ago.
Here's a question which after a search around the site I could not find an answer too:
Is there such a thing as an official list of the date of construction of pillars or the placement of bolts etc?
Thanks,
Rocky