Search found 6 matches
- Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:52 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Monument Hill Trig Pillar (TP4899) Badly Damaged
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4459
Re: Monument Hill Trig Pillar (TP4899) Badly Damaged
Yes been up here today, the trig is completely destroyed, just a pile of rubble, no sign of bracket or spider in the vicinity, real shame on such a lovely summit, I wasn't expected to see it destroyed, should have looked at forum before we went!
- Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: New Trig Found
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11363
Re: New Trig Found
Cheers for the info and pictures guys, I found the trig in spring last year so I cannot really remember what the top had looked like, I thought it may have just looked like the normal spider because I don't remember the top being any different but I could be wrong, I wished we had took more photos ...
- Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:39 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: New Trig Found
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11363
Re: New Trig Found
If interested I've uploaded a picture of the trig I found onto the Pykestone Hill trig page (TP5545). The photo's too big to post on here.
- Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:31 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: New Trig Found
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11363
Re: New Trig Found
Ok cheers for the info, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few of these hillside pillars round here.
- Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:09 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: New Trig Found
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11363
Re: New Trig Found
I haven't got a GPS yet so cannot give you an exact location but the trig must be around NT 19154 30837 just up from the woodland right on the lower hillside we have a photo of the pillar as well. It does look exactly like a normal trig pillar.
- Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:26 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: New Trig Found
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11363
New Trig Found
On a walk in the Southern Uplands I found a trig pillar that isn't logged on the website, it may not be OS even though it looks exactly the same in dimensions, from what I can remember it had a spider on top but probably no bracket on side, the strangest thing about the pillar is its right on the ...