Search found 10 matches
- Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:32 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Buckinghamshire Mystery
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6036
Re: Buckinghamshire Mystery
Got it. Excellent explanation, many thanks.
- Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:53 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Buckinghamshire Mystery
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6036
Re: Buckinghamshire Mystery
Thanks for that; most helpful.
Now, tell me, how could I have worked that out for myself?
It would be helpful to know as I may have come across other similar anomalies.
Many thanks.
Now, tell me, how could I have worked that out for myself?
It would be helpful to know as I may have come across other similar anomalies.
Many thanks.
- Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:51 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Buckinghamshire Mystery
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6036
Buckinghamshire Mystery
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkuq2d4wnus2x1p/GB6W.png?dl=0 is very useful indeed.
Within area SP74 it shows a trig labelled 4671. Its on a straight line plot about half way between these two trigs:-
- TP6977 S1883 Windmill Hill SP 85234 / 20017
- TP4933 S4933 Mainshill SP 78350 / 130053
I can't ...
Within area SP74 it shows a trig labelled 4671. Its on a straight line plot about half way between these two trigs:-
- TP6977 S1883 Windmill Hill SP 85234 / 20017
- TP4933 S4933 Mainshill SP 78350 / 130053
I can't ...
- Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:29 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Re-use of T:UK data
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11140
Re: Re-use of T:UK data
Hi Graeme. I'm new to this so may be making a blunder here but I can't find the two Harrington pillars on the list. They exist although moved and dumped amongst rubble on the Project Emily site. I visited them a few days ago and posted a log with pics. Are they in a category outside the list? David
- Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:49 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Missing Pillar in Buckinghamshire
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9389
Re: Missing Pillar in Buckinghamshire
Many thanks Graeme; all now clear.
- Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:00 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Missing Pillar in Buckinghamshire
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9389
Re: Missing Pillar in Buckinghamshire
Here's the map. For the previous attempt I think the file was too large. TP is shown with data label.
- Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:04 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Missing Pillar in Buckinghamshire
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9389
Re: Missing Pillar in Buckinghamshire
Here's a copy of the map in question if it helps.
- Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:54 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Missing Pillar in Warwickshire
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4572
Re: Missing Pillar in Warwickshire
Mystery solved; many thanks.
- Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:06 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Missing Pillar in Buckinghamshire
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9389
Missing Pillar in Buckinghamshire
Missing Pillar in Buckinghamshire.
At SP 84015 19490 a triangulation point is shown on my 1:50000 map supplied by MemoryMap. It is about 0.6 miles SW from Aston Abbotts.
Is this an error or was a pillar located there which has since been destroyed?
I can find no record of it in TUK.
Sharp
At SP 84015 19490 a triangulation point is shown on my 1:50000 map supplied by MemoryMap. It is about 0.6 miles SW from Aston Abbotts.
Is this an error or was a pillar located there which has since been destroyed?
I can find no record of it in TUK.
Sharp
- Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:04 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Missing Pillar in Warwickshire
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4572
Missing Pillar in Warwickshire
Missing Pillar in Warwickshire.
At SP 38497 66341 a triangulation point is shown on my 1:50000 map supplied by MemoryMap. It is about 1.7 miles WNW from Long Itchington.
Is this an error or was a pillar located there which has since been destroyed?
I can find no record of it in TUK.
Sharp
At SP 38497 66341 a triangulation point is shown on my 1:50000 map supplied by MemoryMap. It is about 1.7 miles WNW from Long Itchington.
Is this an error or was a pillar located there which has since been destroyed?
I can find no record of it in TUK.
Sharp