Sorry that its taken over two months to come back to you.
I did find the B24 on Black Hameldon using the trig point as an initial reference. I had plotted a further bearing to one of the border stones however when I go to the rough location I couldn't find anything and so I used a kink in the ...
Search found 5 matches
- Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:04 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Help please
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6738
- Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:46 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Help please
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6738
Re: Help please
Thank you that's fantastic. I am absolutely determined to find this place and so I have ordered a GPS map unit and have booked myself onto a brush up navigation skills course this weekend. However I intend to go back to that moor sometime this week and use your locator, an area map and a compass ...
- Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:05 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Help please
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6738
Re: Help please
:D :D :D
I can read a map providing there is something to see but the site in my original post has virtually no significant features so I ended up with very wet feet and tired legs but lots of others have managed to find the site so maybe I should just buy a small drone and fly it over the area ...
I can read a map providing there is something to see but the site in my original post has virtually no significant features so I ended up with very wet feet and tired legs but lots of others have managed to find the site so maybe I should just buy a small drone and fly it over the area ...
- Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Help please
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6738
Re: Help please
Thank you.
As a matter of interest do you all use just a map and compass or do you us a handheld GPS mapping device
As a matter of interest do you all use just a map and compass or do you us a handheld GPS mapping device
- Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:34 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Help please
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6738
Help please
Hello everyone.
Recently on the 9th May 2020 painterman61 posted some information on the trig point located at Black Hameldon moor SD 91422 29101. My interest in this was related to the crash site of WW2 B-24 Liberator 42-50668 and the poster gave an 8 figure reference for the location of the ...
Recently on the 9th May 2020 painterman61 posted some information on the trig point located at Black Hameldon moor SD 91422 29101. My interest in this was related to the crash site of WW2 B-24 Liberator 42-50668 and the poster gave an 8 figure reference for the location of the ...