Search found 9 matches
- Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:48 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Abbots Ripton (Alconbury Airfield) access(ed)
- Replies: 0
- Views: 27879
Abbots Ripton (Alconbury Airfield) access(ed)
Good news. Access to TP0767 Abbots Ripton (Alconbury Airfield) is now possible without gaining permission to through the security area. See my log for details.
- Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:08 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Peak District Trigs
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7085
Re: Peak District Trigs
If you are not already aware of it, there is an interesting book "Peak Distict Trigpointing Walks" by Keith Stevens and Peter Whitaker published by Sigma Press. It details 20 walks with lots of information and pictures and includes an introduction on surveying and map making. In three tables are ...
- Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:56 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: The Pillars closest together?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5165
Re: The Pillars closest together?
To the North East of Nottingham are three close pillars TP4195 with TP0887 at 0.4km and TP2811 at 0.5km. (0.7km between later pair)
- Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:46 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: The Pillars closest together?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5165
Re: The Pillars closest together?
I plead guilty to the original comment, referring to the proximity of TP0190 and TP1562 near Leek, Staffordshire. Using search on this website indicates they are at approx. 1.3km.
Interesting to read the recent reply.
I have visited 3 of the 4 at Herstmonceaux.
Coventry Airfield has TP8133 and ...
Interesting to read the recent reply.
I have visited 3 of the 4 at Herstmonceaux.
Coventry Airfield has TP8133 and ...
- Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:47 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: The Edge: addition of TP
- Replies: 7
- Views: 15460
Re: The Edge: addition of TP
This week there have been visits logged to co-ordinates where there are two TPs loggable.
TP7475 is a toppled pillar with TP0694 its adjacent replacement.
TP10046 has gone to be replaced by TP5653.
I still think The Edge merits a second entry on this website to record the toppled pillar. It may be ...
TP7475 is a toppled pillar with TP0694 its adjacent replacement.
TP10046 has gone to be replaced by TP5653.
I still think The Edge merits a second entry on this website to record the toppled pillar. It may be ...
- Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:20 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: The Edge: addition of TP
- Replies: 7
- Views: 15460
Re: The Edge: addition of TP
Thanks Ted.
However, the Website also includes and allocates TPs for oddities:-
TP12707 "Robs Pillar" a recently manufactured private replica,
TP7577 a 2/3 scale wooden pillar in the National Library of Scotland,
TP7503 Whelford, Cirencester an OS pillar at the entrance to a former factory moved ...
However, the Website also includes and allocates TPs for oddities:-
TP12707 "Robs Pillar" a recently manufactured private replica,
TP7577 a 2/3 scale wooden pillar in the National Library of Scotland,
TP7503 Whelford, Cirencester an OS pillar at the entrance to a former factory moved ...
- Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:48 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: The Edge: addition of TP
- Replies: 7
- Views: 15460
The Edge: addition of TP
I have noted that the Website has instances of two loggable TPs at very close proximity. Eg TP0371 and TP10119 are for the current pillar and the site of the previous destroyed pillar at Gedney Drove End, just visited by Perigrinus. At grid ref SU195427 there is TP0742 a pillar and TP8928 a buried ...
- Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:06 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trigpoint TP1392 - Birstall Hill possibly buried!
- Replies: 1
- Views: 5385
Re: Trigpoint TP1392 - Birstall Hill possibly buried!
I visited this TP yesterday, 23rd October, and it is still in situ and visible. See TP1392 for further
- Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:19 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Search conditions.
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10125
Re: Search conditions.
I agree with "What's the Point".
I usually use OS 1:50,000 maps, but I do find the website useful for learning of and finding those not shown, eg "toppled" or "moved".
The hobby of visiting trigpoints seems in the best traditions of British eccentricity, but going to see something that's no longer ...
I usually use OS 1:50,000 maps, but I do find the website useful for learning of and finding those not shown, eg "toppled" or "moved".
The hobby of visiting trigpoints seems in the best traditions of British eccentricity, but going to see something that's no longer ...