If I don't ask, I'll never know
Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
I don't suppose someone has a list of trig *pillars* within the boundary of the New Forest National Park?
If I don't ask, I'll never know
If I don't ask, I'll never know
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
TP6824
TP6144
TP1583
TP5515
TP0741
TP4094
TP3650
TP1957
TP9744
TP7102
TP0306
TP6453
TP3364
TP6280
TP2937
TP4667
All are pillars - I think the list is complete.
Have fun exploring them all (hopefully on foot)
TP6144
TP1583
TP5515
TP0741
TP4094
TP3650
TP1957
TP9744
TP7102
TP0306
TP6453
TP3364
TP6280
TP2937
TP4667
All are pillars - I think the list is complete.
Have fun exploring them all (hopefully on foot)
-
clochandighter
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 pm
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
The above list would have been more meaningful if Flush Bracket numbers, station names and grid references had been included.
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Thank you Mac, I'll endeavour to plot them! I've bagged about half a dozen so far, I thought I was doing quite well but perhaps not!!MAC.HAWK wrote:TP6824
TP6144
TP1583
TP5515
TP0741
TP4094
TP3650
TP1957
TP9744
TP7102
TP0306
TP6453
TP3364
TP6280
TP2937
TP4667
All are pillars - I think the list is complete.
Have fun exploring them all (hopefully on foot)
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
I rather agree, however I shall have fun plotting the locations based on the TP numbers!clochandighter wrote:The above list would have been more meaningful if Flush Bracket numbers, station names and grid references had been included.
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Shall I not bother next time then?
How would searching by Flush Bracket number, station name and grid references have helped - all that information is available simply via the TP search engine.
If you really need that information, it's there for You to decide how you use it - I've simply provided a route to access to the main data.
If someone can do better or be more helpful next time please supply - it'd save me the bother and time of trying to help a fellow trig-tigger.
How would searching by Flush Bracket number, station name and grid references have helped - all that information is available simply via the TP search engine.
If you really need that information, it's there for You to decide how you use it - I've simply provided a route to access to the main data.
If someone can do better or be more helpful next time please supply - it'd save me the bother and time of trying to help a fellow trig-tigger.
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Hi
I am about to visit the New Forest Pillars shortly and think that the following TP numbers should also be included:
TP0744 - not TP9744
TP7094
TP5080
TP2775
TP1597 - not TP1957
TP5067
TP1802
TP3664 - not TP3364
Easy to transpose digits. Hope this helps.
I am about to visit the New Forest Pillars shortly and think that the following TP numbers should also be included:
TP0744 - not TP9744
TP7094
TP5080
TP2775
TP1597 - not TP1957
TP5067
TP1802
TP3664 - not TP3364
Easy to transpose digits. Hope this helps.