Interactive map

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
asbown
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Interactive map

Post by asbown »

I use flash player to view the interactive map, it looks like I will not be able to due this come the end of the year, After ignoring the message all year I am now thinking I should be getting worried, does anybody have any ideas?

Also I can no longer use the trigpointing app on my phone as I can't enter a username, I have pretty much given up on this but thought I would ask while here.
BasilDowl
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Re: Interactive map

Post by BasilDowl »

We really need to do a bit of crowdfunding and try and get the app properly brought up to date. It's utterly invaluable. It just needs some updating...
asbown
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Re: Interactive map

Post by asbown »

I will be willing to make a contribution as I use the App and website weekly and at times daily
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Interactive map

Post by MAC.HAWK »

I don't use the app but have used the website for a number of years and would be willing to contribute. If we all gave a little no-one would have to give a lot.
Aqueously90
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: Black Isle / Glasgow

Re: Interactive map

Post by Aqueously90 »

I'd be willing to chip in. Obviously haven't used it very much at all this year, but the app has been an invaluable resource for me in the past.
eon
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: Interactive map

Post by eon »

Yes, the interactive map is becoming sorely missed - not that we can go out that far at present!

Hopefully someone is looking into this?
My tech skills are pretty non existent, so I don't feel I can offer any advice, or solutions, but I'd be more than happy - like others - to contribute £ to help sort this and the app out.
dpeberdy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 8:00 pm

Re: Interactive map

Post by dpeberdy »

I came here after returning to the site after a little while away and discoing the demise of the interactive map. I would definitely support trying to get that working again!
I was going to use the 'contact us' past of the site to ask about it, but after entering the data and clicking submit I just get a message about 'The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly' when I wasn't given any chance to enter any reCAPTCHA information. Is that part of the site broken too?
Crowd funding this is make it all work as beautifully as before seems a good idea!!!
stripytrigger
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 am

Re: Interactive map

Post by stripytrigger »

I know this is an old thread, but have a look at https://tstibbs.github.io/geo-bagging/i ... nting.html - that's what I use to get a 'modern' map to visualize my search results.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Interactive map

Post by agentmancuso »

stripytrigger wrote:I know this is an old thread, but have a look at https://tstibbs.github.io/geo-bagging/i ... nting.html - that's what I use to get a 'modern' map to visualize my search results.
That's useful, I'd forgotten about it, thanks.
asbown
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Re: Interactive map

Post by asbown »

This is very useful, and the fact I managed to do it shows it is straight forward, don't suppose I can filter it somehow to only pillars unlogged by me? :D
Post Reply