Collective Noun?

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
mail
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 15, 2026 9:59 am

Collective Noun?

Post by mail »

Hello there,

I'm a walker and landscape photographer based in Northampton, I'm new here but I'm sure this question must have been asked before but could someone enlighten me what the collective noun for several Trig points would be? .... A Network? A Triggle?!

best wishes

James
Moacky
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:10 pm

Re: Collective Noun?

Post by Moacky »

I was also pondering this recently. More what a group of trig point enthusiasts would be called, rather than a group of pillars. I decided upon ‘A triangulation of triggers’
You could pose the question on the Facebook group also if you are a member (Finding all the UK trig points)
mail
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 15, 2026 9:59 am

Re: Collective Noun?

Post by mail »

but wouldn't that imply for just a group of three enthusiast ?! :)
I'm not a Facebook user, cheers though
andyrandom1
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2025 7:02 pm

Re: Collective Noun?

Post by andyrandom1 »

A trespass of trigpointers?

A summit of pillars?
mail
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 15, 2026 9:59 am

Re: Collective Noun?

Post by mail »

ha, that’s very good.
Attached is a photograph of mine that sparked my curiosity… I was once in a brief conversation about the image with the writer Robert MacFarlane, he called it a ‘Triggle’!?
Attachments
IMG_6642.jpeg
IMG_6642.jpeg (427.35 KiB) Viewed 6803 times
Post Reply