Hi all,
I've done some trigs in the past which I noted in my book but never noted the dates. Is it now possible to log these on the database / app?
It would be a shame to only have half my logs on there.
Thanks
Frank
Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
Re: Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
I wouldn't worry too much about an exact date/time of old visits, just make a calculated guess or input something that sounds about right.
Re: Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
Yeah, it's just that some of the dates were back around the 2000 mark, so Id pretty much even be guessing the year. Obviously I can narrow some down as much as possible but.....
Re: Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
Don't worry about it, it's not meant to be an exact science it's meant to be informative, community spirited, a challenge and most importantly FUN.
You know you've visited the pillars so you're not fooling anyone (including yourself), so just pick a generic date - if you want to make a note of this in the text do so, something like 'the dates not precise as I didn't keep a record of it at the time but I recall ...................... the sheep at the summit was very interested in my sandwich, the weather was grim/great/icy/windy, me and my mate struggled in the mud or the views from the summit were great/nil because of the mist etc....... you get the drift?
Obviously on new trig visits we'd all like a brief comment on how the visit went or if there's any obvious information you can pass on to fellow triggers.
You know you've visited the pillars so you're not fooling anyone (including yourself), so just pick a generic date - if you want to make a note of this in the text do so, something like 'the dates not precise as I didn't keep a record of it at the time but I recall ...................... the sheep at the summit was very interested in my sandwich, the weather was grim/great/icy/windy, me and my mate struggled in the mud or the views from the summit were great/nil because of the mist etc....... you get the drift?
Obviously on new trig visits we'd all like a brief comment on how the visit went or if there's any obvious information you can pass on to fellow triggers.
Re: Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
Thanks for that, I'll just try get the dates as near as possible. Some I have memories of little quirks / occurrences that are worth noting so will put them in.