Page 2 of 2

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:57 pm
by MAC.HAWK
I'm on public transport only and whilst it was great to 'tig the trig' on an outing to and from Settle railway station 11 years ago, sadly the knees wont get me there and back again nowadays.

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:09 am
by trigging on an island
I don't drive either, but if there was someone with a car up, who was able to collect you somewhere, would that work?

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:49 pm
by trigging on an island
Have changed the date for Corndon to the 29th now because of poor weather forecast for tomorrow.

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:44 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Under normal circumstances a pick up at Settle or Horton railway station would be great but sadly Covid-19 has reduced the rail service on the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle line somewhat (which is the service I would be using), so until the rail service is returned to it's more normal status I wouldn't venture into that part of the country just yet.

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 pm
by Axe Edge
I visited Dufton (TP2876) a couple of days ago and this trig is in desperate need of repair. If it continues to fall apart at the seams it will topple and be lost. Dufton would obviously be the base at the YHA (open?) or Hobbit Huts. Access would be the old mining path and mines. It is worth saving!