Page 3 of 6
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:38 pm
by Painterman61
Hello Ted have seen your log fancy both these for the next station to be found.I have done both summits have learned that garden trowels aren't up to the job you need a proper gardening spade as well as a long probe and as a brass ring is located into the concrete ring itself a metal detector could make it easier to locate.Was going to buy one but had to purchase a lightweight tent instead for latest trip away instead.Any way done the millstone rigg station in the meantime its a very boggy route up there great views though.
Kind regards
David Phillips
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:23 pm
by darren-mountains
no blencathra on this list?
no y garn on list ??
just to name a few
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:32 pm
by ted
Hi,
no blencathra on this list?
Blencathra is on the list but the OS chose to name it 'Saddleback'.
Details here
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7306
no y garn on list ??
just to name a few
I don't think this one is known. More details please.
Thanks
Ted
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:05 pm
by agentmancuso
I'd managed to miss this, well done Jon & Roger.
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:30 pm
by darren-mountains
ted wrote:Hi,
no blencathra on this list?
Blencathra is on the list but the OS chose to name it 'Saddleback'.
Details here
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7306
no y garn on list ??
just to name a few
I don't think this one is known. More details please.
Thanks
Ted
hi ted thanks for the reply
y garn 947 GR SH 63076 59588
now looking at the photo its not this summit i have attached a photo
ill have to start looking though photos
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:20 pm
by ted
Congrats to CJO for finding three more concrete rings in the Yorkshire Dales:
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17453 Virgin Moss
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17473 Great Haw
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17476 Harland Hill
According to
http://trigpointing.uk/trigs/view-trigs.php?q=1848817
the total of known rings is now 19 although I make it 20 as
the trig at Virgin Moss is classified as a Buried Block - could a sysadmin amend this, please.
Ted
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:45 am
by agentmancuso
Well done, reclassified now.
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:13 am
by TrigJS
I have used Kew in the past on another topic, but I got the impression from my contact at OS that such records about TPs, etc, could be loose papers in boxes, rather than everything in tidy files!
I went to Kew last year. All the station records I accessed (from Surrey, Hampshire and Hertfordshire) were all stored in individual files and in good condition. Overall the whole process from ordering the records online, visiting Kew, getting a readers card (which is free and I think is valid for three years) and then actually getting the access to the station records was easy.
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:51 am
by ted
And another...
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17480
Congrats again to CJO

Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm
by ted
And another... Stormer Hill near Littleborough
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17343
Could a sysadmin update the station type please.
This seems to be a good year for Concrete Rings
