Page 4 of 5

Re: android app

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:40 am
by wandering_rjt
Thought I'd also add an update about a newer phone. Samsung Galaxy S20. Holding the back button does not work and neither does the Menu Button. The latter did on my S9. I can view map and nearest. Can no longer sync as had to change password so can't log in without preferences. Can't read any logs, found reading others very useful and one of the best things about the app along with ease logging and finding trigs on map. Gutted to be honest.

Re: android app

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:48 pm
by Ed
Vexed that my phone died so lots the logs.

Installed the app on tablet, but it's not synced previous finds. And the web site and app haven't synced.

Lots al, my data I guess

Re: android app

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:21 pm
by Fremington
I do miss the app. It's hard to account for, it just added something to my days, gave me a reason to run new routes, to nip up a hill. Of course I can do it all without an app, but somehow it's just a bit less work it. I can't really be bothers to spend yet more time at the computer, to log trigs.
Surely there's got to be someone in the overlap of the Venn diagram for trig baggers and app developers who could get the app updated??

Re: android app

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:36 pm
by Fremington
Ok, menu button app has me back in. Whoop!
But do many permissions.. I'd rather manage without it.

Re: android app

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:32 pm
by postie grum
So, I gave a Samsung a51 and holding the back button doesn't work with this phone. Any other suggestions to be able to add my user name please?

Re: android app

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:21 am
by agentmancuso
BasilDowl wrote:I've fixed it, sort of. Download from Google Play store "Menu Button" app, set it just to run with the ellipsis icon and it works fine. You can then turn the app off in the background if not using the T:UK app.
This workaround provides you with a floating button, but won't fix the various other problems with functionality on new phones.

Re: android app

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:41 am
by kjarvo89
Where can I find the app? I have it on my old S8, but I can't even find it in the android app store now for my current (but older) phone. How can I download it? Thanks

Re: android app

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:03 pm
by peregrinus
Open TPUK on phone in browser, scroll down to find the QR code, click on it (or just scan it I guess!), you'll likely get a warning that it's not in Playstore. I had to reload it onto my S7 recently, after it refused to sync.

As has been noted, it doesn't work properly on later versions.

Re: android app

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:42 pm
by Triggythumbs
Has anyone tried the Climbed It app? If they joined forces with Trigpointing they could make such a good Trig bagging app!

Re: android app

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:33 pm
by thecowboycoder
I'm currently working on a simple Trig Pointing app, for both Android and iOS. It's nearly ready for beta testing - if anyone wants to try it out then message me (say which OS).
I'll put up a proper announcement post when it's ready to go live.