Page 7 of 7

Re: Server migration / website re-write

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:11 pm
by Teasel
OK, I've changed the default links on the trigpoint details page so that the grid reference opens streetmap and the lat/long opens google maps. These can be changed in the user preferences.
The bug when displaying "OS Paper" maps should also now be fixed.

Re: Server migration / website re-write

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2026 11:01 pm
by spidym
Teasel wrote: Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:11 pm OK, I've changed the default links on the trigpoint details page so that the grid reference opens streetmap and the lat/long opens google maps. These can be changed in the user preferences.
The bug when displaying "OS Paper" maps should also now be fixed.
Excellent work, both issues fixed! Many thanks Ian!

Re: Server migration / website re-write

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2026 11:06 am
by ted1
Minor niggle...

I've noticed that, whenever I edit one of my logs (e.g. to
add a photo) the score automatically reverts from the
value previously assigned to the default of 5. Presumably
this is a bug, not a feature.

Re: Server migration / website re-write

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2026 6:54 pm
by Teasel
Yep, definitely not deliberate, thanks for the heads-up! Please can you give it another try and let me know if you still run into the same issues.

Re: Server migration / website re-write

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2026 11:08 am
by ted1
> give it another try

Fixed now. Thanks!

Another minor inconsistency...
https://trigpointing.uk/trigs/13378 TP13378 - Craigneuk Chimney
has a type of 'Intersection Station' whereas all other IS trigs are 'Intersected Station'.

Re: Server migration / website re-write

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 7:57 pm
by hannahrichi3
admin wrote: Sat Nov 29, 2025 11:15 pm
Gregory Mann wrote: Sat Nov 29, 2025 6:58 pm Love the new website design, although somewhat miss the retro feel of the old site ahah

However, one small problem for me - I've lost all of my logs. Is this a time transfer kind of thing or should it all have been migrated already? Thanks
Everything should have been migrated across, other than passwords (which are encrypted). The main issues are when email addresses are either unknown, or have been used for multiple accounts (the new login system requires unique email addresses for each user).

In your case, the Gregory Mann account that you're using in the forum has never logged any trigpoints. There is another account, GMann73 which has 52 logs and a different email address. Please drop me a message to let me know what you'd like done with each account.
The same thing has happened to me, I have lost all my logs :cry: I have a spreadsheet backup but love the maps...

Re: Server migration / website re-write

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2026 7:13 pm
by Teasel
I'm fairly confident that no logs have been lost... just temporarily orphaned! Drop me a message with your current email address and the name(s) of your old account(s) and I'll get it sorted.

Re: Server migration / website re-write

Posted: Fri May 22, 2026 1:47 pm
by andyrandom1
Rather immaturely, the 50km and 30km versions of this website's map have given the city of Exeter a leading S...

Screenshot 2026-05-22 133920.png
Screenshot 2026-05-22 133920.png (43 KiB) Viewed 16305 times