Page 1 of 1
Anyone have details on Plymouth Hoe sea wall trig (7586)?
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:57 pm
by stripybadger
Visited
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7586 today, but no flush bracket and couldn't see any evidence of a bolt, it's literally just the spider. So I'm wondering if anyone knows how this was actually used? Almost looks like it was relocated here? I couldn't find it on the OS passive stations search either.
Thanks.
Re: Anyone have details on Plymouth Hoe sea wall trig (7586)
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 pm
by agentmancuso
I presume the theodolite was mounted on the spider in exactly the same way as on a standard pillar. No sign that it should be in the Passive Stations Database either, unless you have further details?
Re: Anyone have details on Plymouth Hoe sea wall trig (7586)
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:02 pm
by ted
Hi Bernie,
I presume the theodolite was mounted on the spider in exactly the same way as on a standard pillar.
I was wondering if the plug was removable to reveal a centre pipe. The apparant lack of sighting holes
in the wall suggests not (and positioning a centre mark without demolishing the wall would have been
tricky

)
Ted
Re: Anyone have details on Plymouth Hoe sea wall trig (7586)
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:32 pm
by agentmancuso
Hm, hadn't thought of that
I guess I assumed the process of verifying the levelness of the trig pillar itself was separate from the actual triangulation.