Page 1 of 1

Coventry airport trig pillars.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:01 pm
by asbown
Can anyone confirm if these two pillars are o/s or not ?

I am hoping soon to complete all extant pillars in Warwickshire and the west midlands, do I need to visit or not ?

Re: Coventry airport trig pillars.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:53 pm
by ted
Hi Andy,
Can anyone confirm if these two pillars are o/s or not ?
These two?
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7814
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/8133

In his visit log, Rob quotes a detailed reply from the OS in which they appear to disclaim
the pillars as being theirs. And looking at the photos, the lack of a centre plug and spider,
and the slightly thinner pillar shape all support this. So the balance of evidence suggests
these are not OS. But no harm in visiting anyway!
I am hoping soon to complete all extant pillars in Warwickshire and the west midlands
Good luck with that plan; hopefully no reservoir trigs lurking :)


Regards
Ted

Re: Coventry airport trig pillars.

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:36 pm
by asbown
Hi Ted.

Hope you are keeping well, thanks for the information, I might still go and have a look when I am in the area, as for any tricky Reservoir pillars I know I can count on you
to get me in, I was rather proud of myself last month when I managed to get in to Buckly Resr, I am still working on Scarborough road resr, almost 10 years since by first
attempt and been back twice since, it will happen one day.