Page 1 of 1

Crianlarich FBM access query

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 pm
by alansmeaton
Hi all,
I'm heading to Oban on Sunday so hope to visit the FBM and Aux at Crianlarich. The Aux seems straightforward - may regret saying this.

For the FBM - from Streetview should I take the road to the left of the great big green shed with the no parking notice or is it better to take the 'road' between the big shed and the Portnellan access road? (This one shows on Streetview as having a small sign which says 'BENMORE something'
I assume the gate mentioned by visitors is there and should help find the FBM.
Thanks for any advice.
Cootking

Re: Crianlarich FBM access query

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:25 pm
by alansmeaton
Drove past today but driver didn't stop - so near but yet so far. :cry: Saw enough to tell me exactly what I wanted. Next time hopefully! Happy Bagging.
Cootking

Re: Crianlarich FBM access query

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 pm
by dcglover
Hi Just stumbled accross this site, I believe the marker you are interested in is attached to the wall of my house!

it has been heavily white washed and at present is not obviously visible. access is open, approching from Crianlaich aprox 2miles, you need to turn left into the courtyard just opposite the main entrance to Portnellan. You will find the marker in the centre of the wall of Curlew cottage facing the entrance drive way.

Re: Crianlarich FBM access query

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:40 pm
by agentmancuso
Thanks for that. I think you're referring to a Flush Bracket, G1230 Portnellan, rather than the FBM itself. Still interesting, but a different object.

Re: Crianlarich FBM access query

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:18 pm
by clochandighter
That'll be this then. The NPFB, not the FBM. As at 10/06/2006.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13460108@ ... 157184532/

GRP.

Re: Crianlarich FBM access query

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:06 pm
by dcglover
Many thanks guys for your swift and informative replies. I Intend to remove the paint and restore this bracket, any suggestions for repainting or just leave as bare metal?

Re: Crianlarich FBM access query

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:16 pm
by agentmancuso
That's great news. Bare metal is the way to go; that's the way the OS left them.

Re: Crianlarich FBM access query

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:31 am
by clochandighter
Definitely bare metal. It will look good (natural) when it is finished. :-)