Page 1 of 1

Elevation

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:31 pm
by We TRye hard
Hi
I feel relatively new to this trigpointing lark but am having fun as I bumble my way through.
I have started to log a number of pillars, bolts, rivets etc and have taken to recording the elevation when I remember to do so.
I was surprised to find that although I can record the date, time, FB number, grid ref etc there is no box to record the elevation.
I think I must be missing something but I would have thought that this would be of interest users. Is there some reason why this is omitted?
Thanks for all the hard work that has obviously gone into this site.

Re: Elevation

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:35 am
by agentmancuso
I imagine it's because the elevation as calculated by the Ordnance Survey will be far more accurate than anything recorded by civilians.

Glad you're enjoying the site.