Page 1 of 1
Any one know this one?? probably Snowdonia
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:07 am
by Jay
hi all
firstly any help greatly apreciated. This photo shows my Dad and a favourite trig of his. He died last week and I want to find out where this is so I can sprinkle some ashes and say a few words. He dragged me up to so many as a kid I can't regognise it!
thanks in advance
jay

- Ken 1small.jpg (99.67 KiB) Viewed 7641 times
Re: Any one know this one?? probably Snowdonia
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:33 pm
by Painterman61
Hello Jay sorry to hear about your loss of your father.Can you remember anything about where you started your walks with your dad you say Snowdonia was the place you visited most.It could be Snowdon as i believe this was a concrete pillar originally or Carnedd Ugain which is nearby also a concrete pillar.Looking at the photo your dad also had an ice axe so he must have been going on the high fells in winter time.Hope this helps but the picture could be anyone of the many trig points around the area.
Yours Sincerely
David Phillips.
Re: Any one know this one?? probably Snowdonia
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:37 pm
by Jay
Thank you David, I suppose it could be Carnedd Ugain as the Snowdon horseshoe was his favourite all be it reckless winter climb. I do remember a few scary Crib Coch moments! It was what looks like a wall behind the trig that makes me unsure. Not to worry there is little to go on and it was at least 35 years ago!
thanks again
Jay
Re: Any one know this one?? probably Snowdonia
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:54 pm
by Jay
I like the idea that it was the original Snowdon trig, thx again David for the thought
Jay
Re: Any one know this one?? probably Snowdonia
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:18 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Does it really matter if it's the exact pillar, if your dad dragged you up so many of the Snowdonian fells and loved the area so much I'd just suggest picking any one you knew he visited - maybe one of the more remote, less visited hills and let his 'wander-dust' free to roam at will once more.
Re: Any one know this one?? probably Snowdonia
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:23 pm
by Painterman61
Hello there Jay just glad i was able to help you in any way i'm sure any fine mountain summit will be ok and hope everything goes well for you.
Yours sincerely
David.