Page 1 of 1

Switzerland Trigpoints.

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:30 pm
by Painterman61
Trigs in Switzerland
Hello all been away a few weeks successfully comptleating the haute route from chamonix to zermatt. On the way I spotted a few stations mostly on the paths near zermatt at the end some look like fenomarks or Bernstein blocks maybe ted will know what they are lots of construction taking place in zermatt.

Re: Switzerland Trigpoints.

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:36 pm
by Painterman61
Cannot figure out how to attach photos yet it says my mobile photos are to large over 256 kb will have to reduce them somehow.
David

Re: Switzerland Trigpoints.

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:21 pm
by Painterman61
Block seen on the path to the Rotthorn high above zermatt.Seen what I thought was a swizz GPS station at the glacial lake at Mossejeesse.
https://flic.kr/p/YVvhrj
https://flic.kr/p/YVvhnG
https://flic.kr/p/BTCcbN
https://flic.kr/p/YAY9Pj

Re: Switzerland Trigpoints.

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:27 pm
by Painterman61
Trig on the path high up between zinal and the forcletta pass.
https://flic.kr/p/YZJUoK
https://flic.kr/p/YAYfHU
https://flic.kr/p/YZJTHr

Re: Switzerland Trigpoints.

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:51 pm
by Painterman61

Re: Switzerland Trigpoints.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:11 pm
by Bangkok_ian
Thanks for the pics. I too saw several of these around Zermatt and was told by a local that they were used by photographers to retain the same tripod positions for 'all year round calendar views of the mountains'. It didn't ring true on the day and your explanation is far more plausible. Swiss maps on the other hand are no way near as good as OS mapping. I have a friend in the Swiss Army who I'll quiz about them.