Pagham Beach. West Sussex

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
ChrisBenham
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Pagham Beach. West Sussex

Post by ChrisBenham »

Hello,
I'm new to this site; I'd like to let you know (if it's of interest) that my nearest home trig point has been overtaken by coastal erosion and sadly it's teetering on the brink of a beach shingle bank that's about one more high tide with SW gale away from falling into the sea.
I'll let you know when it tumbles and you might like to revise your trig point register.
All The Best,
Chris
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Pagham Beach. West Sussex

Post by agentmancuso »

Hi,

yes it's always of interest to here of changes to the condition of trig stations. The nearest pillar to Pagham Beach would seem to be S4221 Selsey; is this the one you mean?
bwm
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Pagham Beach. West Sussex

Post by bwm »

Please see my notes and photo on the Selsey page. I don't think it is this pillar being referred to.
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Pagham Beach. West Sussex

Post by MAC.HAWK »

Pagham Beach (http://trigpointing.uk/trig/23544) is on the database as a Buried Block. It's on the coast by a shingle beach so maybe that's what's become exposed due to erosion. A photo would be helpful.
Post Reply