Page 1 of 1

Please help identify a trig point

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:30 pm
by Bradders278
................................

Re: Please help identify a trig point

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:21 pm
by ted
Interesting... but I don't think the scene is in Derbyshire. Offhand the largest expanse of water that I can think
of in that county is Carsington reservoir but it doesn't seem to match. Would guess the photo is of an estuary.

For a moment I thought it might be Arnside Knott http://trigpointing.uk/trig/889 looking N over the
Kent estuary before the trees grew up. But unlikely.

Good luck in finding it.

Re: Please help identify a trig point

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 pm
by Bradders278
Thanks for the reply!

I agree that doesn’t look like the one but the hunt continues!

Thanks again.

Scott.

Re: Please help identify a trig point

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:35 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Well it's certainly not Arnside Knott but do we have any idea of when the photo was taken? Erosion at the base was obviously an issue at the time of the photo or maybe the the clothing of the 'mystery guest' might give us a clue.

Look's estuary/Loch to me.

Sadly magnification of the Flush Bracket doesn't reach TV standards - which can seemingly read 'everything' no matter how indistinct or improbable!!

Re: Please help identify a trig point

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm
by Cootking
I'd contact CSI as they seem to have software which allows seemingly infinite magnification and sharpening.