Page 1 of 1
Hydrographic Survey Station
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:27 pm
by joeythecat
I've found a Hydrographic Survey Station at grid ref NG85878389 (about 20m to the SW of the Ploc an Rubha OS trig pillar). The plate is similar to those on the pillars at Ru Na Gavern and Rubha nan Sasan but it is mounted on concrete directly onto a rock, not on a pillar. Should this be in the database?
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:17 am
by agentmancuso
If it's a Hydrographic Survey Station then yes, it would be good to add it to the database. The close proximity to the pillar might make that awkward to do: if you put the full details on here I can add it for you.
Thanks.
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:28 pm
by joeythecat
The 10 figure grid ref I recorded for it is NG8586683891. It was installed from SDML 3516 in May 1957. I've put a photo of it at
www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5739415 . Please let me know if you need anything else.
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:40 pm
by agentmancuso
Perfect. It's on now as
TP25785. If you could add the photo to your log that would be very helpful.
Thanks.
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:57 am
by joeythecat
All done. I've also uploaded a close up of the plate.
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:37 pm
by Aqueously90
Hopefully heading up that way this summer, so good to know about this one beforehand!
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:33 am
by agentmancuso
joeythecat wrote:All done. I've also uploaded a close up of the plate.
Perfect, thanks.