Page 1 of 1
Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:52 pm
by FrankR
Hi all,
I've done some trigs in the past which I noted in my book but never noted the dates. Is it now possible to log these on the database / app?
It would be a shame to only have half my logs on there.
Thanks
Frank
Re: Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:03 pm
by MAC.HAWK
I wouldn't worry too much about an exact date/time of old visits, just make a calculated guess or input something that sounds about right.
Re: Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:22 pm
by FrankR
Yeah, it's just that some of the dates were back around the 2000 mark, so Id pretty much even be guessing the year. Obviously I can narrow some down as much as possible but.....
Re: Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:22 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Don't worry about it, it's not meant to be an exact science it's meant to be informative, community spirited, a challenge and most importantly FUN.
You know you've visited the pillars so you're not fooling anyone (including yourself), so just pick a generic date - if you want to make a note of this in the text do so, something like 'the dates not precise as I didn't keep a record of it at the time but I recall ...................... the sheep at the summit was very interested in my sandwich, the weather was grim/great/icy/windy, me and my mate struggled in the mud or the views from the summit were great/nil because of the mist etc....... you get the drift?
Obviously on new trig visits we'd all like a brief comment on how the visit went or if there's any obvious information you can pass on to fellow triggers.
Re: Logging a trig with no date? Is it possible?
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:43 am
by FrankR
Thanks for that, I'll just try get the dates as near as possible. Some I have memories of little quirks / occurrences that are worth noting so will put them in.