Page 1 of 1

How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:31 pm
by kelly
Hi

my name is Kelly and I am a student currently doing an MA in visual communication. In one of the units we are given a shape to work with. I ended up with a triangle and after some time this led me to trig points. The main focus of my work is connecting mental health with the triangle and so far it is working out pretty well. I have been walking and cycling the 3 trig points that are closest to me (a round trip of about 2 hours walking). Fresh air and exercise have been good for my mental health which is incredibly useful given that I spend most days worrying about my submissions. The work is a mixture of primary and secondary research and if you have the time then I would be very grateful if you could answer the following question in your own words:

From a mental health perspective how do you feel when walking the trig points?

Happy to receive the replies on this thread.

Thank you very very much in advance.

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:50 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Every emotion from elation to despair.

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 am
by Cootking
Happy to be in the fresh air, especially if my collie is with me. Anticipation of another record for this website. Enjoyment of being somewhere new.

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:07 pm
by agentmancuso
MAC.HAWK wrote:Every emotion from elation to despair.
:lol:

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:54 pm
by FrankR
Feel like I'm stuck in mundane drudgery when hauling my backside up relentless steep hills with no sight of the trig. Happy when I've got there and ticked another one off, and eager to do more, however I'm oddly not a big fan of walking so it is a little curious that I actually put in the effort to go to the pillars.

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:11 pm
by haighr01
Hi Kelly, that is such an interesting question. Best of luck with your MA, hope it goes well and I am not too late to help out. How do I feel when walking the trig points? As good it can be almost! I think the triangle could indicate a positive sign, things are looking up, almost a subconscious yet positive indicator. Like a church spire to heaven? As for trig pointing itself, well that is a whole can of worms that could require its own thesis I suppose. My pleasure comes from the searching of our land via maps, internet, word of mouth. I guess there are three essential elements - the research, the "event" of locating the trigpoint and the statistical element of logging the event afterwards. But there is more than that, it is a "mission" a form of exercise, a bonding process with friends, family. I go trigging with my daughter, my brother, my mother, my father, my friends, alone. And the triangle? As I say, a tangible positive force - something that is terminal, achievable, dangerous, fun, different, yet ultimate in achieving the "bag". Maybe the shape is significant. I don't know, but I hope this helps your research.