Page 1 of 1
My photo has loaded wrong!!
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:20 pm
by dot924
Hi, I remember seeing something about photos when uploaded turning the wrong way and what the solution was. I can't remember what it was. I have just uploaded a photo for Dial Hill and it has loaded it at a 45 degree angle. Can anyone assist. Thanks.
Re: My photo has loaded wrong!!
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:27 pm
by dot924
Cancel. I think I have found it.
Re: My photo has loaded wrong!!
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:15 pm
by clochandighter
Hi,
This topic will always justify a reply. Please to hear from somebody who is prepared to make the effort to ensure correct orientation of their images.
I have found that if you open your image in a photo editor, Paint will do, save a copy [Save As] of your original image under a different name (so as not to overwrite the Exif info of your photo), then rotate it and SAVE. That newly saved image should upload aws desired.
Wrongly oriented images on this site are a bugbear, which I think is made even more likely by those who upload direct from phone rather than use a laptop or desktop PC.
Hope this helps,
G
Re: My photo has loaded wrong!!
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 pm
by dot924
Hi G, it does, so thanks for taking the time to reply.