Page 1 of 1
Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:40 pm
by x333xxx
I don't suppose someone has a list of trig *pillars* within the boundary of the New Forest National Park?
If I don't ask, I'll never know

Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:50 pm
by MAC.HAWK
TP6824
TP6144
TP1583
TP5515
TP0741
TP4094
TP3650
TP1957
TP9744
TP7102
TP0306
TP6453
TP3364
TP6280
TP2937
TP4667
All are pillars - I think the list is complete.
Have fun exploring them all (hopefully on foot)
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:06 am
by clochandighter
The above list would have been more meaningful if Flush Bracket numbers, station names and grid references had been included.
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:41 pm
by x333xxx
MAC.HAWK wrote:TP6824
TP6144
TP1583
TP5515
TP0741
TP4094
TP3650
TP1957
TP9744
TP7102
TP0306
TP6453
TP3364
TP6280
TP2937
TP4667
All are pillars - I think the list is complete.
Have fun exploring them all (hopefully on foot)
Thank you Mac, I'll endeavour to plot them! I've bagged about half a dozen so far, I thought I was doing quite well but perhaps not!!
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:42 pm
by x333xxx
clochandighter wrote:The above list would have been more meaningful if Flush Bracket numbers, station names and grid references had been included.
I rather agree, however I shall have fun plotting the locations based on the TP numbers!
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:49 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Shall I not bother next time then?
How would searching by Flush Bracket number, station name and grid references have helped - all that information is available simply via the TP search engine.
If you really need that information, it's there for You to decide how you use it - I've simply provided a route to access to the main data.
If someone can do better or be more helpful next time please supply - it'd save me the bother and time of trying to help a fellow trig-tigger.
Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:35 pm
by AHD
Hi
I am about to visit the New Forest Pillars shortly and think that the following TP numbers should also be included:
TP0744 - not TP9744
TP7094
TP5080
TP2775
TP1597 - not TP1957
TP5067
TP1802
TP3664 - not TP3364
Easy to transpose digits. Hope this helps.