Page 1 of 2

Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 am
by trigging on an island
Hi, two weeks ago myself and a couple of good T:UK friends got together on Helsby Hill and gave a long overdue make over to the tatty looking pillar there. Certainly proved very popular with the locals what we were doing and all enjoyed a brilliant afternoon in the process of doing so. I have some video footage taken by myself to share with you here just below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10bRgg-akh4

Seeing as this proved to be a really big success I am planning to organise something again for the end of August and this time I'm opening the invite out also to anyone from this forum who would like to come along too. It's not so much about the actual painting of the pillar but more to do with meeting up with like-minded folk and making a bit of a social occasion of it. Something I'm sure we've all been quite lacking in through the course of this year unfortunately.

The intention then is to arrange it for S5203 Corndon Beacon (Corndon Hill) on Saturday 22nd August, starting out from the nearby Roundton Hill car park at midday. I'll give final confirmation nearer to the time, but for now just let us know in this thread if you're thinking of turning up so I have a general vague idea of potential numbers.

Look forward to it and it really is a great hill, well worth visiting just in it's own right.

Cheers, Alex C

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:03 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Great job on the pillar repair.

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:05 pm
by agentmancuso
Nice work Alex.

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:00 pm
by dot924
Hi, I can't make the one that you have planned (a bit of a trek for me) but I may be interested in others. I have never met a fellow Trigger.

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:48 pm
by trigging on an island
dot924 wrote:Hi, I can't make the one that you have planned (a bit of a trek for me) but I may be interested in others. I have never met a fellow Trigger.
Shame about that, but if there is other open invite stuff going on in the near future I'll make sure to make a posting here.

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:01 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Yeah, I'd be willing to help/meet up if it was somewhere not so distant from where I live - I've never met another fellow 'trig-tigger' either. Whernside would be a good project (on TP database as Little Whernside) as it's in terrible condition.

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:15 pm
by trigging on an island
MAC.HAWK wrote:Yeah, I'd be willing to help/meet up if it was somewhere not so distant from where I live - I've never met another fellow 'trig-tigger' either. Whernside would be a good project (on TP database as Little Whernside) as it's in terrible condition.
I definitely like the sound of Whernside as a future project. This is one iconic N.England hill which I've still not been up yet, and I was actually thinking about paying it a visit before all too long anyhow.

Have checked out photos for it, and yeah definitely it needs quite a bit of extra attention besides just a coat of paint. Fair bit of sand and cement required to sort out those holes and deep cracks. Pre-mixed stuff might be best for the task.

Anyway, watch this space and if I make any plans to do some painting up there I'll put a post on here plenty of time in advance. By the way are you a member of the Finding all the UK Trig Point Facebook group MAC?

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:20 pm
by trigging on an island
Had a great day out over Preston way this Monday, meeting up with dugswell2 and painting a couple of pillars to celebrate the occasion of his 60th birthday. Some pics and video footage here for you if you're interested in a quick look :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uodfj5CgmOw

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:55 pm
by MAC.HAWK
ToaI - I don't do Facebook.

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:35 am
by trigging on an island
That's alright, it's just a handy way to keep informed on upcoming stuff is all. Got the PM function on here too anyway for getting in touch with someone to make direct plans.

Would S5618 Cow Close Fell also be one that you could possibly meet up for? Definitely would be very quirky to get a paint job done on this.

Image