Page 1 of 1
Interactive map
Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:05 am
by asbown
I use flash player to view the interactive map, it looks like I will not be able to due this come the end of the year, After ignoring the message all year I am now thinking I should be getting worried, does anybody have any ideas?
Also I can no longer use the trigpointing app on my phone as I can't enter a username, I have pretty much given up on this but thought I would ask while here.
Re: Interactive map
Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:31 pm
by BasilDowl
We really need to do a bit of crowdfunding and try and get the app properly brought up to date. It's utterly invaluable. It just needs some updating...
Re: Interactive map
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:58 pm
by asbown
I will be willing to make a contribution as I use the App and website weekly and at times daily
Re: Interactive map
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:36 pm
by MAC.HAWK
I don't use the app but have used the website for a number of years and would be willing to contribute. If we all gave a little no-one would have to give a lot.
Re: Interactive map
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:35 pm
by Aqueously90
I'd be willing to chip in. Obviously haven't used it very much at all this year, but the app has been an invaluable resource for me in the past.
Re: Interactive map
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:37 am
by eon
Yes, the interactive map is becoming sorely missed - not that we can go out that far at present!
Hopefully someone is looking into this?
My tech skills are pretty non existent, so I don't feel I can offer any advice, or solutions, but I'd be more than happy - like others - to contribute £ to help sort this and the app out.
Re: Interactive map
Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:05 pm
by dpeberdy
I came here after returning to the site after a little while away and discoing the demise of the interactive map. I would definitely support trying to get that working again!
I was going to use the 'contact us' past of the site to ask about it, but after entering the data and clicking submit I just get a message about 'The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly' when I wasn't given any chance to enter any reCAPTCHA information. Is that part of the site broken too?
Crowd funding this is make it all work as beautifully as before seems a good idea!!!
Re: Interactive map
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:19 pm
by stripytrigger
I know this is an old thread, but have a look at
https://tstibbs.github.io/geo-bagging/i ... nting.html - that's what I use to get a 'modern' map to visualize my search results.
Re: Interactive map
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:26 pm
by agentmancuso
That's useful, I'd forgotten about it, thanks.
Re: Interactive map
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:56 am
by asbown
This is very useful, and the fact I managed to do it shows it is straight forward, don't suppose I can filter it somehow to only pillars unlogged by me?
