Page 1 of 2

Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:47 pm
by trigridley62
Hello,
I do hope i'm not flouting any forum rules by asking....... but one of my "lockdown projects" has been to create some 12cm scale models of Trig points - white painted solid jobs and also with a stone-built effect. my plan is to get them to a good level of detail and colour and make them available via Etsy.com or Amazon Handmade. Hopefully an early pic is attached.

I'm open to suggestion and comment ( hopefully constructive!!) on whether such a miniature would be well received.

I had though of adding personalised name / date / message etc along with a summit name and height or whatever, but colours and graphics are still in the development stage.

any thoughts or comments welcome.
Thanks Graham
Steeton, West Yorks

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:04 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Well nobody's responded yet but I'd like to go on record to say they look great, I'd be more than happy to be given one as a gift on whatever occasion (National Trig Day?) or give as a gift to an appropriate person.

Personalisation sounds great but in practice? If my favourite summit pillar was all crumbling and falling apart would you replicate such?

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:13 am
by Angela Thomas
I like the idea and would be interested in purchasing. An alternative to personalizing could be to mark number of trigpoints bagged, for example reaching 50, 100 etc.

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:03 pm
by trigridley62
Many thanks for the replies, guys....and for the positive noises....just what I was hoping for ;)

Both the plain "concrete" and the Stone effect are cast from moulds so all would be of a generic trig appearance rather than based on a specific trig - although Helvellyn trig is a nice one and could be used as the basis for a specific new mould).

They are intended as giftware or as a memento of reaching a summit. Any personalisation could be for an event or an achievement - I have been experimenting with laser printed water-slide transfers, so any bespoke text or graphic is possible....but that would have to be on the plain white trig to be effective.

I've more of a creative head than a business one....so i've not decided on a cost as yet ( is £12 too much ???), but once I have a few on the Etsy store I will let you know and will provide some sort of heavy discount for the first few TP.uk members so I can get some early feedback.

Thanks again,

Graham

Steeton
W Yorks.

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:57 pm
by g6lkb
I would be interested in buying one.
The pics look great.

Tell me when you have them available.
David

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:24 pm
by trigridley62
Hi David,
thanks for the interest.......I am progressing with these, albeit slower than expected (the usual case of Life getting in the way of one's plans). I hope to have something more definite to offer in the next few weeks..... I'll announce here....

BTW are you a radio ham? - noticed the G6.... (I'm M0JTM)

cheers, ( and 73)

Graham

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:24 pm
by g6lkb
Hi Graham,
yes to G6LKB. qrz me.
The mini trig is just for sitting on my desk in the shack.

I have just seen your reply to me as I was entering 2 trigs visited this morning after leaving Liverpool airport.
Burtonwood and Rainhill tp1809
73
David

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:52 pm
by Itchy-trigger-finder
Yes I would definitely buy one.

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:27 pm
by trigridley62
well that was a long few weeks........i got "requested" to install a new kitchen at home....but I have finally got myself sorted and now have some model Trig Points for sale...

Have a look at etsy.com and search for trig point model

I have decided to start with a limited model selection - currently i only have available the stone effect, and these sit on a simple concrete-effect square base. I was getting too involved in trying to get a base of grass / mud / rocks to appear in a way i was satisfied with. it may still happen.

Also the option of a white-painted effect trig as previously shown is still on the cards but has a few refinements to be made until i'm happy to make available. I aim to get these available before Christmas.

So, have a look at the Etsy site......currently selling for £18 but this does include UK postage and the option of having some text on the base......

but for you lucky T:UK people...if you enter the coupon code TUKNOV when the item is in your basket you will get a £5 discount (offer closes Dec 10th). This is to entice you to buy the first batch but also because i would dearly love to hear any feedback from forum members - especially anything i could do to improve the models.

Hope this is of interest to members ( Christmas is just around the corner). I have 6 already made and ready to ship and will produce more as and when the demand is there.

weight of trig: 427gms
height: 115mm
top width: 35mm
trig foot width: 50mm
base width: 65mm


Thanks for reading.

Graham
Keighley, W Yorks

M0JTM

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:49 pm
by MAC.HAWK
The discount code doesn't work.

I have to admit that I liked the prototype base better and yes, I'd really like to see a 'white concrete' pillar too.

Good stuff mind you.