Request for info
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:26 am
I'm new to trigpointing and until very recently I thought of a trig point as the type of pillar you often find at the top of a hill. I'm very quickly realising they come in different forms and that there is a lot that can be learnt about them. Right now I have a few questions about intersected stations and I am hoping you can help me.
As a result of using your website I realised that the weather vane at the top of Penistone Church tower is an example of an intersected section but what is an intersected station? I have seen that some people have logged photographs of the weather vane and what I assume is the installed mark on the wall beside the church door but they have logged the visit as not inspected. Is that because the actual trig point is the weather vane and/or the installed mark that should be near or on the vain is the trig point?
What is an installed mark?
The mark on the outside of the church wall had a bolt/screw. What is that?
Thank you an anticipation of any help.
As a result of using your website I realised that the weather vane at the top of Penistone Church tower is an example of an intersected section but what is an intersected station? I have seen that some people have logged photographs of the weather vane and what I assume is the installed mark on the wall beside the church door but they have logged the visit as not inspected. Is that because the actual trig point is the weather vane and/or the installed mark that should be near or on the vain is the trig point?
What is an installed mark?
The mark on the outside of the church wall had a bolt/screw. What is that?
Thank you an anticipation of any help.