Page 1 of 1

Help with a potential trig point

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:37 am
by yakky58
Whilst visiting an FBM near Winchester I saw a possible OS mark on an old milepost. See attached photo.

Wondering if this is a "cut". Seem similar ones before, for example a Church in Shedfield Hampshire.

Anyone help to idenfiy this?

Thanks, Nik

Re: Help with a potential trig point

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:02 pm
by agentmancuso
This is a (cancelled) OS benchmark, rather than a triangulation station. If you can supply a GR I'll try to track it down.

Re: Help with a potential trig point

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:21 pm
by yakky58
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have posted the Grid reference in the attached file along with a screen shot from the OS map.

Re: Help with a potential trig point

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:16 pm
by agentmancuso
Here it is: BM Database