Page 1 of 1

New Android & iOS app

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:06 pm
by thecowboycoder
Both of these are now available live at the following links -

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ando.trigs
iOS - https://apps.apple.com/app/trigpointing/id1583768165

Still very much in development, but functional and usable (I've field tested both).
You can record a GPX, take photos with extended GPS data in them, and upload recorded logs & photos to this site.

I've tried to make the UI as intuitive as possible, any problems, comments etc. leave a note in this thread.
Would appreciate any +ve reviews left on the App/Play stores :)

There is still also the simpler 'online' map, available at https://rando.stdc.net/trigs.html (accept security warning to enable location)

Re: New Android & iOS app

Posted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:19 pm
by Snoot
Hi, have downloaded the iOS app and looks good. Shows up trigs however I don’t seem able to log them or see ones I’ve already logged. Also checkered flag icon doesn’t seem to work. Keen to use so just noting issues to hopefully help.

Re: New Android & iOS app

Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 11:51 am
by thecowboycoder
Snoot wrote:Hi, have downloaded the iOS app and looks good. Shows up trigs however I don’t seem able to log them or see ones I’ve already logged. Also checkered flag icon doesn’t seem to work. Keen to use so just noting issues to hopefully help.
Thanks for trying it out.
At the moment you can only log trigs that the app has been to, and there's no way I've spotted to easily 'import' already logged trigs from here into the app.
The checkered flag button is to stop recording a GPX, making the record/stop function more obvious is on the to-do list. :)

Re: New Android & iOS app

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:59 pm
by Walking with gerald
Thank you for what you have done so far.

If you do discover a way of "importing" already logged trigs that would be helpful.

Re: New Android & iOS app

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 am
by thecowboycoder
There's a new release of my Android app that will import your logged trigs from this site into the app. A similar update for iOS users will be out in the next few days.

Check for updates in the Play app, or load https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ando.trigs on your phone.