Page 1 of 1
Photos rotated
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:28 pm
by Holmes Chapel u3a walkers
Why have the photos I recently uploaded been rotated onto their side? What have I done wrong?
Re: Photos rotated
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:26 pm
by andyrandom
I don't know why TP:UK does this, but I do know the workaround is simply to open them and save them straight before uploading them.
Re: Photos rotated
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:46 pm
by MAC.HAWK
Where your photos taken on/and uploaded via a mobile phone?
Re: Photos rotated
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:43 pm
by thecowboycoder
The short answer is that this website doesn't process the meta-data for rotation that can be embedded in photos, the usage of which has become more prevalent in the last few years.
Re: Photos rotated
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:56 pm
by agentmancuso
thecowboycoder wrote:The short answer is that this website doesn't process the meta-data for rotation that can be embedded in photos, the usage of which has become more prevalent in the last few years.
Makes sense, thanks.
Re: Photos rotated
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:12 pm
by thecowboycoder
agentmancuso wrote:thecowboycoder wrote:The short answer is that this website doesn't process the meta-data for rotation that can be embedded in photos, the usage of which has become more prevalent in the last few years.
Makes sense, thanks.
It shouldn't be to hard to add it to the code that scales the images for use, but it's probably better to scale/rotate before uploading them in any case (like my Trig app does

), especially when 12Mp is now considered low-end!
Re: Photos rotated
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:48 pm
by agentmancuso
Problem is that the owner/ designer has basically grandfathered the app, so even where solutions are technically fairly simple there's no way currently to implement them!
Re: Photos rotated
Posted: Thu May 30, 2024 8:22 am
by Tonka
The majority of my images uploaded now seem to be upside down - very tiresome and annoying.
I never upload from my phone, and will always save to hard drive or cloud using my laptop, edit and then upload.
I've read the responses on the forum, and am none the wiser as to how to amend this or if there is a perfect solution, as I seem to be doing what is being suggested.
Any other ideas are very welcome - happy to try anything!
Cheers Tonka