Page 1 of 1
'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:10 am
by ted
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:31 pm
by asbown
Hi Ted.
Have you been doing this ? it would be fun if they did some in Wales, mind I don't use any of the social media they are suppose to be using to give the clues.
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:49 pm
by ted
Hi Andy,
Like you, I don't access social media (lifes too short).
So heres another puzzle...
The Friends of the Settle to Carlisle Railway line have published a guided walks leaflet
which is available at:
https://www.foscl.org.uk/sites/1/files/ ... %20WEB.pdf
The cover depicts a trig pillar on a rocky outcrop with woodland in the
background and hills in the far distance. Presumably its within walking
distance of a railway station between Settle and Carlisle but I can't identify it!
Does anyone have any suggestsions?
Thanks
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:18 pm
by tim747
My money would be on TP6862 - Whelpstone Crag
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:40 am
by ted
> TP6862 - Whelpstone Crag
Many thanks. I think you are correct
