The symbol on a 'Cut' (eg TP0100 Cumrue) - Question...
Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2025 7:50 pm
Wonder if anyone out there has any information on this random question...
I was looking at a photo of a modern theodolite, the Spectre DET-2 to be precise.
On the side of the casing is a symbol that looks identical to the mark of a 'Cut' (only one I've found is TP0100, but research of others shows the same mark).
Kind of looks like a stylised image of compass I suppose.
Question therefore is are the image on the Spectre Theodolite and the Cut mark related, or is this pure co-incidence?
I'm sure any surveyors out there might know the significance, if there is any...or not!?
Any light shed would be appreciated!
Nick Mattlock
I was looking at a photo of a modern theodolite, the Spectre DET-2 to be precise.
On the side of the casing is a symbol that looks identical to the mark of a 'Cut' (only one I've found is TP0100, but research of others shows the same mark).
Kind of looks like a stylised image of compass I suppose.
Question therefore is are the image on the Spectre Theodolite and the Cut mark related, or is this pure co-incidence?
I'm sure any surveyors out there might know the significance, if there is any...or not!?
Any light shed would be appreciated!
Nick Mattlock