Page 1 of 1

New login system

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2025 10:58 pm
by Teasel
As of 08/11/2025, the TrigpointingUK website, wiki and forum are all using a new login system. Rather than using your username and password, you will now need to use your email address and password to log in. (You also have the option of generating a passkey, which can make the login process smoother and more secure. Up to you!)

If you have logged in recently, and have an email address registered in your profile, then it should hopefully be seamless. Your email address and password "should just work".

If you have an email address registered, but your password doesn't work, then the "Can't log in to your account?" link on the login page should get you out of trouble.

If the above doesn't work (eg you don't have an email address registered, or no longer have access to it), but you do remember your username and password, then the Legacy migration page should allow you to migrate your account to the new login system.

If all else fails, please Contact us with as much detail as you can provide.

Apologies in advance for any disruption / teething troubles!

Re: New login system

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2025 11:17 am
by agentmancuso
My email address wasn't recognised (despite, or because, it was verified 20-odd years ago), but resetting my password (to the same as my old password) worked immediately.

Re: New login system

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2025 11:42 am
by Teasel
Yes, there are a lot of email addresses and passwords in the old system which haven't been confirmed in decades. As well as not being ideal from a security point of view, it also means that many people who got a "please confirm your email address" email yesterday are, understandably, reporting it as spam. Hopefully it won't spike to the point where Amazon start applying sanctions!

Re: New login system

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2025 6:35 pm
by fasgadh1
Thank goodness you don't need to log in to read the forum. I have been struggling to get back my account - decades old email addresses are not easily accessible but the migration page worked a treat - thanks for this.

Re: New login system

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2025 8:36 am
by deekman4
Morning,

Great looking website, nice work.

I sent an email about logging in yesterday, but I have found this post just now. I am now up and running.

I cannot log into T:uk, via the TrigfindAR app. I have used the same email and password, which fails to log in.

Regrads

DeeK.

Re: New login system

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2025 6:59 pm
by matty1971b
Hi

What a fantastic update, I'm sure over time the glitches will be ironed out, interface so easy to use and the mapping is great - I know its been mentioned but would love to see on the map, trigs I've logged compared to the ones that need logging, otherwise well done :D

Re: New login system

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2025 11:38 am
by Painterman61
Hello thank you for all your great work on the new website It takes a bit of getting used to at first. The new mobile app is brilliant as well. Just letting you know I used the new app yesterday to log on and load photos and it worked perfectly. But the next time i tried it I could not upload anymore photos just an error code number came up it was as if the site had dropped out. Tried again at home on home WiFi I managed to upload one photo then no joy again not complaining just letting you know.
Cheers
David.