Page 1 of 1

Android app

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2026 9:02 am
by mitsiman1
Hi
Firstly, thanks for the great work done on updating the website and app(s).
However, I cannot login to the android app (2 devices). I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. When I go to login and enter my details, it takes me to a website with a 404 error. I can login in there, but it is the web interface, no the app.
Is the app now redundant, or is there something not quite right?

many thanks

Re: Android app

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2026 9:59 pm
by Teasel
Yes, the app is still (IMHO) the easiest way to locate trigpoints out in the field. It's optimised so that it still works even when there's no mobile signal, so its information is generally less copious and complete than the website. It's also missing a couple of coordinate accuracy improvements I recently added to the website. But very much still supported!

The app's login WorksFineOnMyMachineâ„¢, even after a reinstall. I just click the three dots in the top-right of the main page and select Login. I'm then taken to my web browser to perform the authentication step, enter my email and password, and am bounced back to the app, where it shows that I'm logged in. From what you say, you're being successfully diverted to the webpage to authenticate, and are successfully entering your email address and password (ie NOT any pre-Nov 2025 username/password details you may have), but are then being taken to a 404 page on the TrigpointingUK website and not back to the app? Hmmm, not sure what's going on there. Might be something to do with Google's deep linking, but it's not something I can reproduce on my device. If you're able to send me a bunch of screenshots to [email protected] so I can see exactly what's happening, and let me know exactly what devices this is happening on, that'd be great.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Re: Android app

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2026 10:29 am
by mitsiman1
Many thanks for this.
I have sent an email directly but, you can now ignore. The issue, apparently, was my browser. I use Vivaldi, a great browser but sometimes a little too 'secure' for stuff like this.
I changed my default browser on phone and tablet - logged into the app successfully, then changed back to Vivaldi as my default browser.
Thanks again!

Re: Android app

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2026 10:57 am
by mitsiman1
I have since deleted cookies for the site in Vivaldi browser - all now works as expected.

thanks again