Page 1 of 1

Collective Noun?

Posted: Fri May 15, 2026 10:05 am
by mail
Hello there,

I'm a walker and landscape photographer based in Northampton, I'm new here but I'm sure this question must have been asked before but could someone enlighten me what the collective noun for several Trig points would be? .... A Network? A Triggle?!

best wishes

James

Re: Collective Noun?

Posted: Fri May 15, 2026 12:24 pm
by Moacky
I was also pondering this recently. More what a group of trig point enthusiasts would be called, rather than a group of pillars. I decided upon ‘A triangulation of triggers’
You could pose the question on the Facebook group also if you are a member (Finding all the UK trig points)

Re: Collective Noun?

Posted: Fri May 15, 2026 1:26 pm
by mail
but wouldn't that imply for just a group of three enthusiast ?! :)
I'm not a Facebook user, cheers though

Re: Collective Noun?

Posted: Thu May 21, 2026 8:36 am
by andyrandom1
A trespass of trigpointers?

A summit of pillars?

Re: Collective Noun?

Posted: Fri May 22, 2026 9:15 am
by mail
ha, that’s very good.
Attached is a photograph of mine that sparked my curiosity… I was once in a brief conversation about the image with the writer Robert MacFarlane, he called it a ‘Triggle’!?