Advice for refurbishing a trig point
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:26 pm
Hi all,
I am the proud owner of a trig point - a rather tatty concrete affair which I am thinking of renewing/replacing as a birthday surprise for my wife.
Ideally I am looking for two pieces of advice:
1) whether anyone can point me in the direction of anyone/organisation that might help me as to how I can do this
2) from the point are great views of the surrounding countryside - no surprise there! I am looking to place on top of my new trig some form of map (engraved metallic or something similar) showing local and far off points. You all know the kind of thing! So, I am looking for someone who might be able to supply such things, as well as mark out the relevant points.
The trig is in the Midlands (Worcestershire) and, as unlikely as it might seem, would like to keep the exact location secret, in case my wife of friends stumble across this forum. However, once completed I will gladly shoew before and after photos!
All help, advice gratefully received
Berrowman
I am the proud owner of a trig point - a rather tatty concrete affair which I am thinking of renewing/replacing as a birthday surprise for my wife.
Ideally I am looking for two pieces of advice:
1) whether anyone can point me in the direction of anyone/organisation that might help me as to how I can do this
2) from the point are great views of the surrounding countryside - no surprise there! I am looking to place on top of my new trig some form of map (engraved metallic or something similar) showing local and far off points. You all know the kind of thing! So, I am looking for someone who might be able to supply such things, as well as mark out the relevant points.
The trig is in the Midlands (Worcestershire) and, as unlikely as it might seem, would like to keep the exact location secret, in case my wife of friends stumble across this forum. However, once completed I will gladly shoew before and after photos!
All help, advice gratefully received
Berrowman