Page 1 of 2

10000

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:33 pm
by ted
Congratulations to Rob on his 10,000th log on Trigpointing UK !

http://trigpointing.uk/info/view-profile.php?u=411

Re: 10000

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:46 pm
by Aqueously90
Wow, that's an incredible milestone. That means that Rob accounts for almost 5% of all logs on the site! :D

Re: 10000

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:30 pm
by agentmancuso
Mind-boggling really. :shock:

Re: 10000

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:09 am
by griefmiester
Amazing achievement Rob, congratulations. Duncan

Re: 10000

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:59 pm
by peregrinus
Aqueously90 wrote:Wow, that's an incredible milestone. That means that Rob accounts for almost 5% of all logs on the site! :D
Yeah sorry about that ;)

Only just spotted this thread - thanks folks !

I expect CJO will come trundling past me at some point...

Re: 10000

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:12 pm
by stignest
A quick, rough calculation tells me that if I carry on at the rate I've been going over the past 8 years I should catch up with your current mark in the year 2208!!!.
Fantastic effort Sir.

Re: 10000

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:31 pm
by MAC.HAWK
I'm seriously impressed by the number of pillars but I'm afraid most of the intersected rubbish like church towers, spires, flagpoles, vanes etc leaves me cold.

Re: 10000

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:22 pm
by fasgadh
They can be quite good fun - especially those on old industrial sites like collieries. Finding out what is there now and tracking down the pitheads etc can be quite enjoyable.

Re: 10000

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:43 pm
by MAC.HAWK
I've yet to be convinced fasgadh!

Re: 10000

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:07 am
by dot924
.....And I haven't even made 50 logs yet! :| Still now that I know its OK and not cheating to log the ones I passed years ago I may make 50 logs soon (once I have checked my old photos; see the "It is cheating post....) Also I have a number of 'proper logs' planned'

I will say that I see the points of view of both fasgadh and MAC.HAWK in relation to both pillars and intersected stations. I agree that Pillars are King and the reason I found / joined this site in the first place but some intersected stations are interesting from an historical point of view and I would use TP8993 - Chattri Monument as an example. I had been there a number of time supervising DofE expeditions but it was only when I joined this site that I then logged a visit. Other places may be interesting if you have other interests and I would use TP12213 - Saint Ninians Church Tower Flagstaff as an example as it is down the road from the start of the IOM TT races.

Doreen. AKA dot924