Search found 3 matches
- Thu May 06, 2021 10:51 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trig Pillar not on OS maps
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5948
Re: Trig Pillar not on OS maps
I've added details and pics as requested. Thanks for the information.
- Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trig Pillar not on OS maps
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5948
Re: Trig Pillar not on OS maps
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, its at Irish grid reference D 00614 18392. There didn't appear to be a base although about 10m away there was a small heather covered mound which felt as though there was hard rock underneath so it may have once sat atop that.
I took a few pics:
trig5.jpg
trig1 ...
Yes, its at Irish grid reference D 00614 18392. There didn't appear to be a base although about 10m away there was a small heather covered mound which felt as though there was hard rock underneath so it may have once sat atop that.
I took a few pics:
trig5.jpg
trig1 ...
- Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trig Pillar not on OS maps
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5948
Trig Pillar not on OS maps
Hello All,
I'm new to the site and have registered because I have a specific question. Is it common for a triangulation pillar to not be shown on an OS map?
I am a hiker from Co. Antrim and while walking on Long Mountain between the villages of Dunloy and Rasharkin, I was surprised to discover a ...
I'm new to the site and have registered because I have a specific question. Is it common for a triangulation pillar to not be shown on an OS map?
I am a hiker from Co. Antrim and while walking on Long Mountain between the villages of Dunloy and Rasharkin, I was surprised to discover a ...