Search found 8 matches
- Sat May 20, 2023 2:16 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Is this a Bench Mark
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4300
Re: Is this a Bench Mark
Sorry - file should be attached now.
- Wed May 10, 2023 7:45 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Is this a Bench Mark
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4300
Is this a Bench Mark
Attached photo found on the Albert Edward Bridge near Ironbridge. Looked like a bolt sunk into the bridge structure. I can't make my mind up yes or no.
- Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:21 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Help with a potential trig point
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3816
Re: Help with a potential trig point
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have posted the Grid reference in the attached file along with a screen shot from the OS map.
- Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:44 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Additional Marker at a Trig point.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4319
Re: Additional Marker at a Trig point.
Here is a better picture in context with the Pillar. The small maker on the ground.
Is that anything to do with the OS trig pillar?
Thanks, Nik
Is that anything to do with the OS trig pillar?
Thanks, Nik
- Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:37 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Help with a potential trig point
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3816
Help with a potential trig point
Whilst visiting an FBM near Winchester I saw a possible OS mark on an old milepost. See attached photo.
Wondering if this is a "cut". Seem similar ones before, for example a Church in Shedfield Hampshire.
Anyone help to idenfiy this?
Thanks, Nik
Wondering if this is a "cut". Seem similar ones before, for example a Church in Shedfield Hampshire.
Anyone help to idenfiy this?
Thanks, Nik
- Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:08 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Additional Marker at a Trig point.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4319
Re: Additional Marker at a Trig point.
Hi,
Thanks for the post. I found the metal stump but it was too dark to dig to look for the buried block. This marker on the ground as below the meatl stump and it appears next to a new trig point that is a concrete post. I had a friend with me who may have a better/clearer picture. let me see if I ...
Thanks for the post. I found the metal stump but it was too dark to dig to look for the buried block. This marker on the ground as below the meatl stump and it appears next to a new trig point that is a concrete post. I had a friend with me who may have a better/clearer picture. let me see if I ...
- Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:37 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Additional Marker at a Trig point.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4319
Additional Marker at a Trig point.
I happened upon Castle Hill Folkstone to look at TP7891 which is a concrete pillar. I didn't have time to look for the surface block. This pillar seems to be an addition. While taking a picture I saw what seems to be an additional marker... or maybe not. In the uploaded picture it is in the ...
- Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:12 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: FBMs
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3617
FBMs
Is there a definitive list of the FBMs and there locations? These don't appear on OS maps.