Is this a Bench Mark
Is this a Bench Mark
Attached photo found on the Albert Edward Bridge near Ironbridge. Looked like a bolt sunk into the bridge structure. I can't make my mind up yes or no.
Re: Is this a Bench Mark
No photo attached at present
Re: Is this a Bench Mark
> Is this a Bench Mark
> Attached photo found on the Albert Edward Bridge near Ironbridge.
Photo not seen; please try again.
> Looked like a bolt sunk into the bridge structure. I can't make my mind up yes or no.
The nearest bolt that I can find in the trigpoints database is on
Broseley church tower. Nothing seems to match in the benchmarks list either.
If the bolt that you saw is a survey mark then maybe not placed by the Ordnance Survey.
> Attached photo found on the Albert Edward Bridge near Ironbridge.
Photo not seen; please try again.
> Looked like a bolt sunk into the bridge structure. I can't make my mind up yes or no.
The nearest bolt that I can find in the trigpoints database is on
Broseley church tower. Nothing seems to match in the benchmarks list either.
If the bolt that you saw is a survey mark then maybe not placed by the Ordnance Survey.
Re: Is this a Bench Mark
Sorry - file should be attached now.
- Attachments
-
- Benchmark ?
- Ironbridge.JPG (203.63 KiB) Viewed 4226 times
Re: Is this a Bench Mark
Hi,
I think your find might be an older-style Environment Agency Bench Mark.
Compare with this: https://trigpointing.uk/wiki/File:Non-OS_6.jpg
These marks are roughly 1.5" in diameter and have raised lettering 'EABM'
below the arrow.
In your case, the lettering is obscured, maybe ground off.
Its an interesting find but has nothing to do with the Ordnance Survey.
I think your find might be an older-style Environment Agency Bench Mark.
Compare with this: https://trigpointing.uk/wiki/File:Non-OS_6.jpg
These marks are roughly 1.5" in diameter and have raised lettering 'EABM'
below the arrow.
In your case, the lettering is obscured, maybe ground off.
Its an interesting find but has nothing to do with the Ordnance Survey.
Re: Is this a Bench Mark
I forgot to add that EABM markers can be logged at https://eabm.derektp.co.uk/