My post about the Hurd Law pillar (15 October) has also disappeared.tim747 wrote: Tue Nov 11, 2025 12:03 pm My reply (14 October) has vanished, does the update restore point need rolling forward?
Search found 8 matches
- Wed Nov 12, 2025 1:10 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Updated forum software
- Replies: 3
- Views: 735
Re: Updated forum software
- Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:42 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Hey Edge finally makes an appearance
- Replies: 0
- Views: 8739
Hey Edge finally makes an appearance
After being missing in action for many years, the Hey Edge pillar [S2640 / TP7322] has finally shown up on the 2022 Ordnance Survey 1:50k mapping with the usual symbol. On the 1:25k map it remains as 'Pillar' without the symbol.
I notice on the T:UK page for the pillar that in June last year user ...
I notice on the T:UK page for the pillar that in June last year user ...
- Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:51 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trig on current 1:25,000 mapping that has never existed
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5119
Re: Trig on current 1:25,000 mapping that has never existed
A triangulation pillar symbol is shown at Saskills (SD 39521 84315) on the current OS 1:25k map. I noticed it whilst planning a recent cycle tour of the Lakes. There's a bolt (TP7523) at that location but a pillar has never existed there.
Cheers,
Paul
Cheers,
Paul
- Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: need help locating a trig photo from 1975
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11176
Re: need help locating a trig photo from 1975
Excellent detective work BigJ.
I agree that the photo is indeed of Beacon Fell (S4701) and was taken looking north towards Hazelhurst Fell. The location of the photo has been bugging me since it was posted and I'm glad you solved the mystery.
Cheers,
Paul
I agree that the photo is indeed of Beacon Fell (S4701) and was taken looking north towards Hazelhurst Fell. The location of the photo has been bugging me since it was posted and I'm glad you solved the mystery.
Cheers,
Paul
- Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:01 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Peak District Trigs
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7085
Re: Peak District Trigs
When I started trig bagging one of the objectives was to visit all extant Peak District trig pillars. It took a few years but I achieved it. I make it a total of 88 pillars, although I have seen doubts raised as to whether the Alphin Pike pillar is within the National Park. It's my local trig and ...
- Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:58 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: The Pillars closest together?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5160
Re: The Pillars closest together?
Trigonomy Group is not defunct. The mail group is still there.
Sorry Graeme, my bad. Especially as I'm still a member of the group. :oops:
To the North East of Nottingham are three close pillars TP4195 with TP0887 at 0.4km and TP2811 at 0.5km. (0.7km between later pair)
I used Memory Map to ...
Sorry Graeme, my bad. Especially as I'm still a member of the group. :oops:
To the North East of Nottingham are three close pillars TP4195 with TP0887 at 0.4km and TP2811 at 0.5km. (0.7km between later pair)
I used Memory Map to ...
- Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:04 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: The Pillars closest together?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5160
Re: The Pillars closest together?
The following pillar close pairs were mentioned in a document that was available from the (now sadly defunct) Yahoo Trigonomy group:
Transit Meridian (11492) to Solar (11666), 541.8681 metres
Cutties Hillock (11091) to Cutties Hillock East (S1810), 562.5158 metres
Solar (11666) to Herstmonceux ...
Transit Meridian (11492) to Solar (11666), 541.8681 metres
Cutties Hillock (11091) to Cutties Hillock East (S1810), 562.5158 metres
Solar (11666) to Herstmonceux ...
- Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:05 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Welsh Dragon, How many?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5870
Re: Welsh Dragon, How many?
In addition to most of the ones already mentioned, I've also visited the following:
Fan Frynych: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/3105
Fan Nedd: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/3108
Llanbedr Hill: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/4460 (not much Dragon left now!)
Mynydd Fforest: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/5016 ...
Fan Frynych: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/3105
Fan Nedd: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/3108
Llanbedr Hill: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/4460 (not much Dragon left now!)
Mynydd Fforest: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/5016 ...