Search found 16 matches
- Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:29 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: map reference conversion
- Replies: 11
- Views: 20443
Re: map reference conversion
Hi Simon, to try to answer your question about a library to do it, I've previously used proj4js (which is actually a javascript port of the c++ library 'proj'). I've generally found that the inaccuracy introduced by the conversion does not make things worse than the inaccuracy in the original ...
- Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:19 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Middle ground
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5944
Re: Middle ground
Someone may already have this info, but it occurs to me that it should be fairly simple to work out. You can download a gpx file of all trigs (http://trigpointing.uk/trigs/ then click 'download'), then use a service like http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/elevation to add the height data for each point ...
- Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:59 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Best Visual aide for viewing Trig Points
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6739
Re: Best Visual aide for viewing Trig Points
I use a tool called 'geo-bagging'. See https://tstibbs.github.io/geo-bagging/integration/trigpointing.html for how to get it to display trigpoints from a search on T:UK.
I guess it has the same issues you're describing, but it does let you choose from a couple of different maps (the bing road map ...
I guess it has the same issues you're describing, but it does let you choose from a couple of different maps (the bing road map ...
- Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:21 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: trigpointing.uk has been hacked
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6195
Re: trigpointing.uk has been hacked
Worrying to hear, but worth saying that often spammers are generating email addresses randomly, based on dictionary words, names, stuff collected from other hacks etc. So might not be as bad as it looks (but also could be, difficult to tell).
I'm also sure I'm not the only person here who's more ...
I'm also sure I'm not the only person here who's more ...
- Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:56 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Re-use of T:UK data
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11137
Re: Re-use of T:UK data
I don't know for sure, but I guess that insofar as trig data is covered by copyright then that will belong to the OS themselves. They're certainly protective about mapping data, don't know if the same applies to trig information.
Interestingly, OS now state that the details of their passive ...
Interestingly, OS now state that the details of their passive ...
- Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:02 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Blencathra (Saddleback) Concrete Ring has gone
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12646
Re: Blencathra (Saddleback) Concrete Ring has gone
How heavy are these concrete rings? From recent photos it looks like a fair sized lump of concrete. Is it really realistic that someone has dug it up and taken it?
- Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:12 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Sketches of non-passive stations
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5792
Re: Sketches of non-passive stations
Thanks Ted, very interesting link.
Shame they haven't been digitised more proactively, I would say they're a key part of our heritage - but as a trig bagger I suppose I'm biased!
Shame they haven't been digitised more proactively, I would say they're a key part of our heritage - but as a trig bagger I suppose I'm biased!
- Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:05 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: least visited
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5846
Re: least visited
See http://trigpointing.uk/trigtools/highscore.php?s=10&condition=G&w=visits#cs
It's a bit fiddly, but you can change which condition you want to search on, and the second table will show you the least logged. Of course, there could be one with lots of logs saying "couldn't find it", but it's a ...
It's a bit fiddly, but you can change which condition you want to search on, and the second table will show you the least logged. Of course, there could be one with lots of logs saying "couldn't find it", but it's a ...
- Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:14 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Sketches of non-passive stations
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5792
Sketches of non-passive stations
Passive stations (e.g. http://trigpointing.uk/trig/765) quite often have sketches of their location, which are obviously very helpful.
Is there any information at all on those that aren't passive stations? E.g. looking at http://trigpointing.uk/trig/21551 (a water tower) there's no information to ...
Is there any information at all on those that aren't passive stations? E.g. looking at http://trigpointing.uk/trig/21551 (a water tower) there's no information to ...
- Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:01 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Accurate GPS / Grid Ref App for mobile phones
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9837
Re: Accurate GPS / Grid Ref App for mobile phones
One other thing to consider is Galileo, as this is supposed to offer higher accuracy (1 metre compared with GPS's 5 metres or so). Some recent phones (e.g. Galaxy S8) have a Galileo reciever built in, so if you have one of those then the accuracy might drop to an acceptable level and render a ...