Search found 4 matches

by Woodleywalker
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:36 am
Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
Topic: Fort Gilkicker, Gosport, TP3234
Replies: 2
Views: 3895

Fort Gilkicker, Gosport, TP3234

This site was sold at auction on Thursday with planning permission for housing. So that the wealthy residents have wonderful views over the Solent the embankment around the seaward side will be demolished so this will likely see the end of the pillar, unless they are developers willing to save a ...
by Woodleywalker
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:43 am
Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
Topic: TP5505 - Porton
Replies: 4
Views: 6956

Re: TP5505 - Porton

Please what is a "landscaping pillar" in the hope that I don't make the same mistake again?
by Woodleywalker
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:12 pm
Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
Topic: Porton (Boscombe Down) pillar
Replies: 3
Views: 6598

Porton (Boscombe Down) pillar

Today I have walked the PROW from High Post northwards. The section of path that runs beside the airbase has a wide tall hedge obscuring the view of the airfield. It now has sections removed to ground level, the 5th cut away section reveals what I am sure is a Pillar easily visible about 10-15 yards ...
by Woodleywalker
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:14 pm
Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
Topic: Pillars and railways
Replies: 0
Views: 5873

Pillars and railways

I am trying to plan ahead for the longer days, I will purchase a GWR freedom of the Severn and Solent rail rover. This covers an area from Worcester/Cardiff/Swindon/Portsmouth/Tiverton. I have already earmarked Shirehampton for 3 pillars, Severn T Jct for Caldicott. Does anyone have any ideas of ...