Yes, the interactive map is becoming sorely missed - not that we can go out that far at present!
Hopefully someone is looking into this?
My tech skills are pretty non existent, so I don't feel I can offer any advice, or solutions, but I'd be more than happy - like others - to contribute £ to help ...
Search found 9 matches
- Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:37 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Interactive map
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10582
- Sat May 02, 2020 1:18 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Should we all stop trigging?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 18861
Re: Should we all stop trigging?
It would appear that it's a group of people doing the bagging. In different areas of the country separately , so I've not a problem with that.
But all those bagged by the group in any given day are posted as one - with no separation - on T:UK. So it looks like T:UK is just being used as a bit of a ...
But all those bagged by the group in any given day are posted as one - with no separation - on T:UK. So it looks like T:UK is just being used as a bit of a ...
- Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:30 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Should we all stop trigging?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 18861
Re: Should we all stop trigging?
And then there is COVID Trig Point Challenge....
- Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:11 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: How can I find out when a trig pillar was constructed?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12755
Re: How can I find out when a trig pillar was constructed?
It could well be that the war played a part in this, but looking through the list of pillars, most are computed not long - within a year, or two - of their construction. Even those built in the 30s/40s. But around that time, the sizable gap is more evident.
- Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:09 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: How can I find out when a trig pillar was constructed?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12755
Re: How can I find out when a trig pillar was constructed?
The pillar was built on the 19th of November 1936 at a cost of £19 4s 6d. Last maintained by the OS in June of 1979.
- Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:58 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Preservation of Trig Points
- Replies: 7
- Views: 11996
Re: Preservation of Trig Points
Do pillars etc remain the property of the OS?
- Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:24 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trigging by Streetview.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5181
Re: Trigging by Streetview.
I also use Streetview when planning trig bagging trips. Often useful for gaining
an idea of feasible and discreet access routes, availability of gateways into fields,
probability that a roadside location is overgrown, etc.
Yes, street view is a very handy tool for the reasons given above, and ...
an idea of feasible and discreet access routes, availability of gateways into fields,
probability that a roadside location is overgrown, etc.
Yes, street view is a very handy tool for the reasons given above, and ...
- Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:21 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Ever met anyone?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5447
Re: Ever met anyone?
Apart from one pre-arranged meet up, I've met no-one whilst out and about. Missed some folk by an hour or so at a couple of trigs, though.
- Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:57 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: A Very British Map: The Ordnance Survey story
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4199
Re: A Very British Map: The Ordnance Survey story
A great programme this. One I'd seen before, but was glad to catch the repeat. And two days later, I was out trigging for the first time. 